Sunday, October 12, 2014

Bring it.

I've been thinking a lot about the young woman who has chosen to end her life  due to terminal cancer. Perhaps you've seen her story? My heart breaks for her and her family. She is far too young to say goodbye.

But my heart breaks for her family in another way as well. I'm so sad that they won't get the opportunity to care for her, serve her and love her through her illness....and that she won't get to experience that kind of love.

I am so grateful for the time my kids and I get to have with Jon. I'm so excited that my children will experience and give Christ-like service in a way most children do not have the opportunity to give. My heart is so full of love when I think of taking care of Jon in the way that he deserves to be cared for. I am so grateful for the many lessons we will learn (and are learning) through this process... humility, strength, faith, gratitude... the list could go on and on. I am so grateful that while Jon's body fails him, his heart and his love will not fail my sweet family.

I am so grateful that we will experience the fullness of whatever God gives us.



4 comments:

  1. You are an incredible family. I love your point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to your blog because I am Sharon's friend. I love hearing your perspective about caring for, serving, and loving someone through their illness. I read the article and watch some video snippets of the young woman who has chosen to end her life before she gets too sick. I have had mixed feelings about it and hearing your perspective is really touching. Thank you. And I hope you know that there are people you don't even know who have prayed and are continuing to pray for your family. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting and for your kind words! Most importantly, thank you for your prayers. e are completely overwhelmed by the feelings of love and support!

      Delete
  3. I agree- great attitude! You and your family testify to the fact that life, in all its stages, is precious. Life is to be cherished, even when there is suffering. I will pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete