Friday, June 3, 2016

Exactly what I signed up for

Our engagement photo...we were babies!

I'm not going to lie. Today was rough. Jon hasn't been feeling well lately, so I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night. And then there was a series of events that were just hard to deal with this morning. (Don't worry...nothing serious.)

I'm embarrassed to say that I was incredibly human today. And not terribly kind... So much so that I had to apologize to Jon later. (Insert sheepish face emoticon.) I definitely have those days...particularly when I'm tired.

That said, I'm still grateful for this life that we are living together, and there is absolutely no place I'd rather be.

About a month ago, Jon made an off hand comment that 'I didn't sign up for this.' He wasn't feeling sorry for himself. It was just very matter-of-fact. To be clear, this is not what I would have asked for, but it is exactly what I signed up for.

When we got married, I hoped for a long life together. One filled with adventures, laughter, babies and grand babies, and eventually, gray hair and wrinkles. OK, so we already have them...but you know what I mean.

But what I signed up for was so much more. I signed up for richer and poorer, sickness and health, good times and bad. I signed up to enjoy the incredible, joy filled ride we've had. I also signed up for the struggles and trials we've had.

Jon is my world. I can't even imagine what it could possibly feel like to love another person more than I love him. Our current life is not what I would have chosen, but it is exactly what I signed up for.


3 comments:

  1. Love this, you both are beautiful people, and we all experience those kind of days, Anne, but I love that you two are so in love with each other and are able to focus on the positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so very much Anne and Jon. I knew you were an amazing couple when you started dating and got married, but how much more rich my life is from knowing you both then and now. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete