Saturday, July 2, 2016

Getting out of the "Zone"



So I think I used to be funny. You know funny looking, not worried about whether people thought of me, and putting people in awkward positions. You know what I mean. The occasional goose or a good arse slap, and to my family the good old purple nurple. In regards to the nurple there were other rules or clauses that were followed most of the time. For example there is the baby clause which simply says if holding a baby that is not mobile you are safe. I believe this is the reason why my brother in law Dustin now has eleven kids and may be planning more.
Really I thought all of this fun and entertaining. Recently I have been reflecting on why I have these dumb things I like to be part of and why I like to bring others with me. Simply it is really about changing and stepping out of my comfort zone. And if I am going I am taking every one else with me. I think this is why I loved working with the youth. They would do almost anything you asked them with only mild encouragement. My boys get back from scout camp and I can't wait to hear what kid did what. And I know they have some leaders up there that enjoy pushing the boys to try getting them out of their comfort zone.
I have been out of my comfort zone since I married Anne. It is a good thing both of us handle change well. Or at least we think we do. I do know that we are constantly being challenged to do more, to learn and grow. Sometimes physically, but most times emotionally and spiritually. Those are the bigger challenges. Those are the ones that test our resolve and character.
We know that we will need be challenged in our lives but never more than we can handle. Just need to buck up, get out of your comfort zone and do something or maybe nothing as the case warrants.
Having ALS is not the worst thing in the world. I think that I am incredibly lucky to have family and friends close to help when needed. I am constantly reminded that there are so many others that need help and don't have the life lines that my family has.
My recommendation is to get out of your comfort zone, wake up on the right side of the bed and give someone a little goose. But be careful with who you goose. Some people might not take it well when someone grabs their arse. But if you are on the receiving end then know secretly it came from me.

4 comments:

  1. Goose back at ya. And a double nurple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing I double goosed my niece as we were walking in the mall this evening. LOL Love you Jon, sure miss hanging and laughing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacob gave a great testimony at scout camp. Got way out of his comfort zone. Everyone was blessed by it. Bro Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacob gave a great testimony at scout camp. Got way out of his comfort zone. Everyone was blessed by it. Bro Z

    ReplyDelete