Monday, October 5, 2015

More on Happiness

My sister-in-law, Julie shared this story with me about her son Danny. I just loved it and asked if I could share. 

So last night I was at Faith Formation with Danny and the speaker was talking about angels, really knowing God, and true joy and happiness.  Being happy all the time regardless of things (money, a nice home, nice car, fancy clothes, etc.).  Then she asked if anyone new of anybody who was "truly happy all the time".

Danny's hand was the first one up so of course she called on him.  His answer was:

"My Uncle Jon.  He is always happy and in a good mood.  He has ALS and he's really sick but he is still always happy and smiles!".

Then she asked him why he thinks he is so happy when he is so sick.  His answer was:

"Probably because he is always with his family and he goes to church all the time!".

WAY TO BE THE LIGHT JON!

2 comments:

  1. You are a great roll model. and not just for the youth but for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always been the happiest person I know! Thanks for the great example.

    ReplyDelete