Thursday, August 28, 2014

Use it while you got it!

Our good friends Jim & Debbie Zollinger and Greg & Sandy Bacon
Last Monday I was able to go to the MN state fair with our good friends the Zollingers and Bacons.  What a great time we had.  The whole purpose was to eat our way through the fair because really, I have to take advantage of the time I have with a functioning esophagus.  I remember when I first got this diagnosis that the things I would miss most were #1 family and friends and #2 food.  I have the physique I have not because I wasn't active but rather because I liked to eat a lot of food.  So unfortunately the swallowing mechanism is one of those things that goes.  At the beginning of the summer I had a feeding tube placed for the inevitable situation of me not being able to swallow.  So our motto now is "Use it while you got it!!!!!"  I personally think you can apply this logic to many things in life.  Not just swallowing but for us its all about the food.  Here are a few of the food pics from the Fair.  And yes we ate a lot.


Iron Range Pierogies from the new Blue Barn...YUM!

Always have to have corn on the cob!

Heavenly prime rib taco and lobster on a stick.

Funnel cake with half chocolate drizzle and half cream cheese frosting. Totally worth it.
Chocolate covered strawberries!

SHRIMP!

Chocolate shake...even better when you have a spoon of mint shake with it!

Olive on a stick!

Big pile of Gyro meat!


The sweet potato fries are clearly amazing.

The end.

4 comments:

  1. This brought back so many good memories of cooking Sunday dinner together and your endless use of black pepper. Not really sure how you kept all that food down, but well done. LOL Love you Jon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog. So sorry to hear about your challenges. Your positive attitude is an inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - cute. You guys are adorable. I can't believe I didn't see MouseTrap cheese curds on your list though! It's the only reason I go to the Fair when I do make it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last picture says it all......You look stuffed and happy, God Bless You and your family

    ReplyDelete