Monday, September 8, 2014

Words Matter


A random picture of Jon from the State Fair, 2013. It has nothing to do with this post.

Muscle cramps are an unfortunate symptom of ALS. As the brain has difficulty talking to the muscles, they kind of go crazy... cramping and twitching. Weird muscles. Like Jon has to be very careful how he bends or he gets a wicked cramp in his stomach.

Our family was in the car Saturday night when Jack mentioned that he hates the sound of velcro coming apart. A nails on the chalk board kind of thing.

I added that I hate the thought of chewing on cotton balls. It gives my the willies as I type. Jon agreed and just the thought of it made his jaw cramp! Who knew my words would ever have such power?!?

Note: Jack just looked at the photo and said, "Yep, that's definitely from a year ago. He's holding his arm up!" Then we all laughed, 'cause that's how we roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment